pyhf v0.7.1 released

pyhf announcements

Apr 7, 2023, 1:08:40 AM4/7/23
to pyhf announcements
Dear pyhf users,

We're happy to announce that pyhf v0.7.1 is out now on PyPI and Conda-forge! This is a patch release with a small fix contributed by Alexander Held. There are no API changes and no changes in dependency lower bounds, so we encourage you to update to v0.7.1

```
python -m pip install --upgrade pyhf
```

Below we list the most important points from the release notes:

* All backends are now fully compatible and tested with Python 3.11.
* The tensorflow extra ('pyhf[tensorlfow]') now automatically installs tensorflow-macos for Apple silicon machines.
* NotImplementedError is raised when attempting to convert a XML workspace that contains no data.

Development work on v0.8.0 will continue, but we have taken time to improve the CI/CD machinery to make releasing patch releases significantly easier and faster. The plan is to use this machinery to make more frequent patch releases as bugs are identified. The time between a bug fix getting merged into main and a patch releases appearing on PyPI should now be no longer than a few hours.

Thank you for using pyhf and for continuing to provide us feedback on both new feature requests as well as sharing your bug reports and user experiences through the recommended channels.

Best,
The pyhf dev team (Matthew, Lukas, and Giordon)