May I ask pygraphviz support Python 3.5?

Shiming He

Sep 9, 2016, 8:55:38 AM9/9/16
to pygraphviz-discuss
Hi Dear developers,
   I used pygraphviz in my project with Anaconda, it is the most powerful interface to use graphviz draw graphs.
How ever, I found that it only support up to Python3.4, when I tried to upgrade my project many other package upgrade to support python 3.5,
although I can work around now, as Anaconda tend to upgrade to Python3.5 in the future, I hope pygraphviz could also upgrade to support python 3.5, if it is not too difficult.

Best regards,
Peter. He

Sandro Tosi

Sep 10, 2016, 12:47:04 PM9/10/16
to pygraphvi...@googlegroups.com
pygraphviz supports 3.5 just fine, do you have an actual failure using
pygraphviz and python 3.5 or you just refer to the pypi trove?
> --

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi

Jonathan Lowery

Nov 15, 2016, 8:16:49 PM11/15/16
to pygraphviz-discuss
Would it be possible to get a .whl for 64-bit windows running python 3.5? Compiling packages on windows is notoriously painful, but the archive here http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pygraphviz does not have a 3.5 version

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:13 AM, Shiming He <shimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dear developers,
>    I used pygraphviz in my project with Anaconda, it is the most powerful
> interface to use graphviz draw graphs.
> How ever, I found that it only support up to Python3.4, when I tried to
> upgrade my project many other package upgrade to support python 3.5,
> although I can work around now, as Anaconda tend to upgrade to Python3.5 in
> the future, I hope pygraphviz could also upgrade to support python 3.5, if
> it is not too difficult.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter. He

Aric Hagberg

Nov 15, 2016, 8:20:39 PM11/15/16
to pygraphvi...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps try asking Christoph who runs that site?  He has been doing a great service packaging things and might be able to make 3.5 binaries.  I'm pretty sure pygraphviz will work with 3.6 and just haven't had time to verify and test that yet if anyone wants to help.

Aric