[pygame] discord chat server

René Dudfield

Feb 9, 2018, 7:19:35 PM2/9/18
to pygame...@seul.org
I started a discord server for anyone who wants to chat about pygame projects there.

/me sheds a tear for irc.

Enrico Kochon

Feb 9, 2018, 8:01:30 PM2/9/18
to pygame...@seul.org
Am 10.02.18 um 01:19 schrieb René Dudfield:
Great, chatting about pygame is kind of fun.
Discord is the new cool kid on the block.
IRC would be nice, too, it is more open ...

Nevertheless, getting in contact is good.

--
Enno aka Enrico Kochon

Avaxar

Nov 27, 2020, 6:28:10 AM11/27/20
to pygame mirror on google groups
Recently, the discord above got shut down because illume cannot do moderation work anymore there, he had to shut it off, I assume.
There are splinter servers that are advertised in the discord before it got shut down.

This is one of them which has the most members: https://discord.gg/kD2Qq9tbKm

This server is much more "modernized" than the old one which had a simplistic "old school" view.
We have competent based roles, off topic roles, and a custom bot which could execute python code and return images from pygame surfaces also browse the docs for pygame (Which also links to the official documentation) and builtin python modules.

That's all I have to say, for new people reading this.
Message has been deleted

Mega_JC

Nov 27, 2020, 9:43:19 AM11/27/20
to pygame mirror on google groups
Here is a more detailed description of the server: New Pygame Discord Server

This server is meant to be a community driven one, where it is easier to give server feedback and to get quicker answers to questions. Different question channels for beginnners and intermediates allow beginners to get help from more experienced members, in order for them to quickly pick up the pygame library.
We have channels dedicated to interesting libaries built using pygame, and the server will also host game jams more frequently.

Serious measures have been put in place to tackle spam and misconduct, to make the server more inclusive and secure.

We also noticed that pygame now has a patreon (https://www.patreon.com/pygame) so we advertised it to the channel members, and some have already become patrons!
Overall, we hope that this server will act as a viable replacement for the old one, since it was rather sad to see some of the community fall apart. We don't yet have everyone back (we're still looking for veterans!), but we hope to in the future.

Fortunately, several pygame contributors have now become server members, and the server is doing very well (It already has 2 server boosts, with a nice animated pygame snake logo!).

See you in the server!