What's the recommended way to run this as a server?

Praveen Krishnan

Apr 3, 2017, 3:52:36 PM4/3/17
to Python FTP server library - Discussion group
Hi,

I'm new to python and also this library.

What is the recommended way to run this as a service? I mean I tried running it as a console application but this of course would mean the server will be shut off when the console window is closed.

What are recommended practices to run this as a persistent service that can be stopped and started?

Thanks

Giampaolo Rodola'

Apr 10, 2017, 1:31:09 PM4/10/17
to pyft...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I suppose you mean "Windows service" and you're on Windows.
Well, I suppose you'll have to use pywin32 in order to do that:
https://gist.github.com/obsoleter/fb63cd065d534057888b/
If you mean "UNIX", then you'll need to create a daemon process.
There are different libs to do that (e.g. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/). I personally use zdaemon.