Suppressing onscreen messages

NosIreland

Apr 22, 2016, 10:14:51 AM4/22/16
to Python FTP server library - Discussion group
Hi,
I've started using your module and I like it a lot.
I'm building small project that runs FTP server in the background while a lot of other stuff happening.
So here is my problem:
There are a lot of different users that connect to FTP and constantly uploading/downloading small files. So the screen is is very busy and constantly scrolling. As I wrote already FTP is running as a background process and there are lot of other things going on, on the screen which are more important than FTP messages and unfortunately they are getting lost. So I was wondering is there away to suppress FTP onscreen messages?

Thank you

Giampaolo Rodola'

Apr 22, 2016, 10:44:54 AM4/22/16
to pyft...@googlegroups.com
If you mean a way to disable the FTP server logs you may simply do:

    import logging
    logging.basicConfig(level=logging.WARNING)

...before calling "serve_forever()". This way you'll get only WARNING and ERROR level messages in case something is wrong (which is good). More about logging: http://pythonhosted.org/pyftpdlib/tutorial.html#logging-management

NosIreland

Apr 22, 2016, 10:55:30 AM4/22/16
to Python FTP server library - Discussion group
Thank you that did the trick.
I've read through logging before but for some reason was convinced that is applies to file logging only.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks again

Giampaolo Rodola'

Apr 22, 2016, 10:56:18 AM4/22/16