Making a Pull Request to PyFR on GitHub

Gavin Wiggins

Sep 22, 2020, 11:21:43 AM9/22/20
to PyFR Mailing List
Is there a certain workflow that people should follow to contribute to PyFR on GitHub? I noticed the repository shows the `develop` branch by default. Should Pull Requests be made to the `develop` branch or to the `master` branch?

Freddie Witherden

Sep 22, 2020, 10:36:43 PM9/22/20
to Gavin Wiggins, PyFR Mailing List
Hi Gavin,

We make use of the “git flow” model whereby PR’s are first merged into the develop branch.  Then, when we want to bring forth a release we create a suitable RC branch off of develop, and once we are happy with it, merge it into master.  As such master always points to the latest stable release.

Regards, Freddie.

Is there a certain workflow that people should follow to contribute to PyFR on GitHub? I noticed the repository shows the `develop` branch by default. Should Pull Requests be made to the `develop` branch or to the `master` branch?

Gavin Wiggins

Sep 23, 2020, 5:20:15 PM9/23/20
to PyFR Mailing List
Freddie,

As you suggested, I submitted a Pull Request to the `develop` branch https://github.com/PyFR/PyFR/pull/170. It's just some documentation related to the examples. If you have any questions, you can ask them on GitHub within the Pull Request.

Thanks,
Gavin