Pyf IE issues

maruthi reddy

Nov 6, 2012, 8:41:44 AM11/6/12
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed few issues when I tried to work on PYF using Internet Explorer(version 6 & 7).

One of the major issue is with the Tube Design View.When clicked on the Design View the respective URL failed to load the tube with javascript errors.

Following is the tracback of those javascript messages,

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; AskTbORJ/5.15.9.29495)
Timestamp: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:29:51 UTC

Message: Expected identifier, string or number
Line: 319
Char: 9
Code: 0
URI: http://dafslx01:8104/scripts/wireit/designer.js

Message: 'pythonBox' is undefined
Line: 31
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: http://dafslx01:8104/tubes/design/1

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 262
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://dafslx01:8104/scripts/mootools-1.2.3-core-yc.js

Other than this were issues related to CSS and Paste module which I managed to fix.

Appreciate your suggestions on the above metioned issue.

Thanks,
Maruthi

Jonathan Schemoul

Nov 6, 2012, 9:20:02 AM11/6/12
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To tell you the thruth the tube design view has never been tested in IE old versions...

I would be happy if you could send your fixes (make a fork on bitbucket and make a pull request) to the css and widgets.

For the javascript, it would take too much work to fix it for old IE versions, and the usage of those is meant to be dropped very low in the next few years, so I doubt it will be a good time invest for me (and I guess it will be the same for the others devs of the team) to work on it.
If you have a need for it, go ahead, we will happily accept your fixes :).

Just some pointers for old IE versions :
- Dictionnaries-like object creation finishing with commas (ex: "{foo: bar, bih: buh, }") doesn't work
- Same for lists
- Recursive links on objects (objects having an attribute of another that has it too) works badly and cause memory leaks in IE6/7.

I don't know if those are the problems here, but it may :)

Good luck,

Jonathan