PyF to perform some ETL tasks

Juju

Apr 20, 2011, 9:30:20 AM4/20/11
to PyF Framework Users
Dear All

Would you say that PyF could handle a simple ETL process ?
Are they any facilities to connect to databases either for data
production or data consumption ?

Do you know anybody who already did this ?
Any feedback ?

Regards

Florent Aide

Apr 22, 2011, 5:19:16 AM4/22/11
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Juju <julien.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Would you say that PyF could handle a simple ETL process ?

Yep exactly. I would even say complex EAI tasks.

> Are they any facilities to connect to databases either for data
> production or data consumption ?

Their is data producers plugins. I have written some specialized
producers that use sqlalchemy to connect to mssql servers and pull
data from some databases I work with.

> Do you know anybody who already did this ?

humm yep :)

> Any feedback ?

Quite easy to use. Just beware of data joining between multiple
producers because flow de-synchronization could lead to some huge
memory consumption. But thats only when you try to join two or more
flows. When you reach that point you can ask for directions on this
mailing list.

Florent