Install fails on Mac OS X due to failed python-dateutil dependency

AFC

Feb 9, 2012, 11:24:14 AM2/9/12
to PyF Framework Users
Using the install instructions as provided on the web site, the instal
fails on a python-dateutil dependency. The exact error message is,

error: Installed distribution python-dateutil 2.0 conflicts with
requirement python-dateutil>=1.5,<2.0dev

How do I get round this issue?

Many thanks

AFC

Emmanuel Cazenave

Jun 14, 2012, 10:04:30 AM6/14/12
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It's been a long time this you posted this message but I'll try to answer it anyway.

The first question is 'did you installed pyf in a virtualenv or in your python system environment  ?'

If you did not use virtualenv (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv) to do your pyf  installation please do so, it might solve your problem.
In case it does not, come back here.

Cheers.

Serge

Jul 5, 2012, 11:44:14 PM7/5/12
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emmanuel,

I get the same error on my mac using virtualenv.  Here is the full error:

pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (python-dateutil 2.1 (.../lib/python2.7/site-packages/python_dateutil-2.1-py2.7.egg), Requirement.parse('python-dateutil>=1.5,<2.0dev'))

Serge

Serge

Jul 5, 2012, 11:56:08 PM7/5/12
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
This isn't just mac if that helps.  Just got same error on CentOS 5.6: error: Installed distribution python-dateutil 2.1 conflicts with requirement python-dateutil>=1.5,<2.0dev

Serge

Wolf

Aug 14, 2012, 12:18:37 AM8/14/12
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

a way to solve THIS problem can be found here: https://gist.github.com/1597661
In my case 'paster' is still not running, because of an unknown modul 'mercurial.repo'

Wolf

Ismail Dhorat

Sep 27, 2012, 2:28:30 PM9/27/12
to pyf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, not sure why my previous email did not come up but,

trying to create a producer code in pyf.services, but when i read the
CSV it comes up as None for all values. The code is at:
https://gist.github.com/3794042