new (py)doubles framework: doublex

David Villa Alises

Sep 3, 2012, 10:17:56 AM9/3/12
to pydo...@googlegroups.com
Hi programmers:

I have been a pydoubles user since some time. But I missed some features and found some inconsistencies, I contributed with some commits but IMHO I found the pydoubles code base was unnecessarily complicated with hard refactoring (for me at least). However the test suite was very complete and clear. So I decided to implement it again from scratch taking advantage of existing tests and my experience using pydoubles, python-mock and other mock frameworks.

I proposed to Carlos Blé to use the new library as code base and build a wrapper to support backward API compatibility with pydoubles. The result is ready but alfa yet. This post is a request for your feedback. You may find the code repository at [1]. There is an README with examples of all features [2]. There is also a Pypi project in [3].

Of course, we are receptive to any feature request, but also API changes, better names (even the library name itself (it is not very original :-) This is the moment. We also try to solve previous bugs and requests for the new release.

You can see the old pydoubles unit tests running over the doublex wrapper in test/pyDoublesTests_unit.py and test/pyDoubles-hamcrest-integration.py. Please check your old tests using pydoubles with doublex and give me feedback.

Cheers

Carlos Ble

Sep 3, 2012, 10:27:03 AM9/3/12
to pydo...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
By the way, the next release of pyDoubles is very close and it will use doublex internally. pyDoubles will be from now a "doublex" wrapper. Now you get the same API plus the Doublex new features.

As soon as the new pyDoubles release get live, we will announce it here.

Cheers

2012/9/3 David Villa Alises <david...@gmail.com>

--
Carlos Ble