How to change single file metadata entries

Marcel Daamen

May 14, 2021, 3:23:47 AM5/14/21
to pydicom
Hi there,

for pseudonymization purposes, I would like to also modify the Source Application Entity Title of my DICOM files.

Obviously, the usual method for regular tags does not work with this  file metadata tag:

Image[0x0002, 0x0016] = 'wPYDICOM'

Is there a straightforward method that I missed in the documentation?

Thanks in advance for your help,

best wishes,

Marcel

Darcy Mason

May 14, 2021, 11:52:39 AM5/14/21
to pydicom
Obviously, the usual method for regular tags does not work with this  file metadata tag:

Image[0x0002, 0x0016] = 'wPYDICOM'

Is there a straightforward method that I missed in the documentation?

With the current pydicom the file_meta information is in its own dataset, `file_meta`.

So what you would be looking for is:

Image.file_meta.SourceApplicationEntityTitle = "wPYDICOM"