pydicom 2.0

Darcy Mason

May 23, 2020, 3:06:23 PM5/23/20
to pydicom
Hi all,

We've just put up a release candidate for pydicom 2.0.  This version is for Python 3.5+ only; Python 2 is no longer supported.

There are a number of significant changes, additions and bug fixes, so please see the release notes at https://pydicom.github.io/pydicom/dev/release_notes/index.html.

Let us know through the pydicom issues list if you experience any problems.  The final release should come within a week if all goes well.

Cheers,
Darcy

Darcy Mason

May 24, 2020, 10:39:49 AM5/24/20
to pydicom
I forgot to mention that to install a pre-release, you need the "--pre" argument to pip:

pip install --pre pydicom

Darcy Mason

May 29, 2020, 10:04:24 AM5/29/20
to pydicom
The official pydicom 2.0.0 release is now on PyPi, ready for the standard `pip install`.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed code, documentation, or issues.

-Darcy

P.S.: If you'd like another way to say "thank you - keep up the good work", there is now a Sponsor button on my github profile and on the pydicom github page
There are some perks for sponsors too, so please have a look if you are interested.  It's totally optional, but may help me spend more of my time on open source.