Dicom RTPlan

yoga raja

Dec 12, 2019, 10:02:03 AM12/12/19
to pydicom
Dear All

Is there any way to extract MLC information from DicomRT Plan and calculate Modulation Metrics using Pydicom.

Darcy Mason

Dec 20, 2019, 10:11:01 PM12/20/19
to pydicom
You can certainly extract the information - in an rtplan 'ds',  ds.BeamSequence[index].ControlPointSequence[index].BeamLimitingDevicePositionSequence has the details for jaw and leaf positions for that beam and control point.

I don't know of any published modulation metric code, however.

Dan Cutright

Feb 4, 2020, 5:29:29 PM2/4/20
to pydicom

Dan Cutright

Jun 15, 2020, 1:59:00 PM6/15/20
to pydicom
FYI, I made this a stand-alone tool:

or

pip install dvha-mlca
mlca
<init-scanning-directory>

This will output a .csv file in your local directory, with analysis from all DICOM-RT Plan files in the init-scanning-directory and all sub-directories.

Just posted this today.  I'll work on better documentation in the future.  If there's enough interest, I could whip up a quick GUI in wxPython and create executables with PyInstaller.