Convert Multiframe Images to DICOM File

Alexander Schmid

Apr 27, 2020, 12:22:16 PM4/27/20
to pydicom

Hey, I´m currently trying to convert a series of medical images to one single DICOM file.
I have already managed to read a single image(tiff), convert it and save it again(DICOM).
However, I can't do this with multiframe images.

My current framework is the following: I read every single image as an array (cv2_array). Then I convert the input arrays to a compressed byte_list. Finally I save the DICOM file again with ds.PixelData = encapsulate ([frame1, frame2 ..].

If I now open the DICOM file, only a white image is visible. In addition, (ds.pixel_array).shape = (1,1920,1080). So only one single image is saved. Can someone tell me why not all images are saved?

Thanks a lot for your help !