Calculation of Pixel Spacing Value.

Ankit Gupta

Apr 8, 2024, 9:36:01 AMApr 8
to pydicom
Hello All,
I have a DICOM file containing rows (the image's dimension in the Y-axis in pixels), columns (the image's dimension in the X-axis in pixels), and the DPI value of the JPEG image. I want to calculate the pixel spacing value during DICOM conversion from JPEG to DICOM. Can I use the following formula to calculate the pixel spacing ?

Physical Width of Image (inches) = Columns (Pixels) / DPI
Pixel Spacing (x-direction) (mm) = Physical Width of Image (inches) / Columns (Pixels) * 25.4 (To convert inches to mm)