Saving compressed multiframe images (WSI)

Steven Hart

Nov 12, 2019, 10:24:14 AM11/12/19
to pydicom
I'm looking for some documentation on how to best save compressed multiframe image data- like that from Whole slide images?  There has been a question posted on Stack Exchange for a while, but no responses. Anyone have ideas on where I might find a workable example?

Alexander Schmid

Apr 27, 2020, 12:24:31 PM4/27/20
to pydicom

Hey, I´m searching for the same problem. Did you have found a solution ? I was trying to convert the images to a byte_list and then safe as ds.PixelData = encapsulate([frame1, frame2...] , but every try there was only saved one image.

Steven Hart

Apr 28, 2020, 1:49:51 PM4/28/20
to pydicom
I've been working on a converter.  You are welcome to take ideas from it. [dicom_wsi](https://github.com/Steven-N-Hart/dicom_wsi). In particular, see line 200 [here](https://github.com/Steven-N-Hart/dicom_wsi/blob/master/dicom_wsi/mods/pixel_to_slide_conversions.py).  I'm not quite finished with the implementation, but its close.  I would love any feedback/pull requests.