pydicom/python support for encrypted attributes sequence

Dan Bower

Aug 16, 2022, 11:22:39 AM8/16/22
to pydicom
Hi all,

I have built a synthetic (test) dataset to replicate the following data structure for an encrypted attributes sequence (Fig. C.12-2):

https://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/html/part03.html#table_C.12-7

The following documentation outlines the standard for encryption:

Does pydicom have any built-in functionality to deal with the encrypting part (I believe not, following a quick grep in the source code).  Or alternatively, are there any snippets of code to help me understand or implement the encryption layer?  Ideally I would like to adhere to the DICOM standard.  Thanks.

Darcy Mason

Aug 17, 2022, 2:22:45 PM8/17/22
to pydicom
Does pydicom have any built-in functionality to deal with the encrypting part (I believe not, following a quick grep in the source code).

You are correct that there is no built-in functionality for encryption.

Or alternatively, are there any snippets of code to help me understand or implement the encryption layer?  Ideally I would like to adhere to the DICOM standard.  Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not aware of any.  But you might check other source code repos that depend on pydicom; perhaps someone has put some functionality in.