Plotting HU values for an extended CT image

Ezhil Ram

Apr 25, 2020, 4:09:18 PM4/25/20
to pydicom
Hi,
I have just started to use both python and pydicom. I would like to plot HU values for an extended dicom CT slice file. It is a Siemens ct file, I tried to plot pixel_array for this dcm file and found the max value ?? HU not I expected. Because when display the image using mango dicom viewer the max HU value of a high z metal gives around approx 10,000 whereas using pydicom I get a max value of roughly 3000. How can scale the HU values? I wasn't successful in using slope and y intercept values in this case 10 and -10240 respectively. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
ER