ANN: pandas 2.0.0 RC1

Marc Garcia

Mar 17, 2023, 8:43:29 AM3/17/23
to announ...@pandas.pydata.org, pandas-dev, pyd...@googlegroups.com
We are happy to announce the second release candidate of pandas 2.0.0.

It can be installed from our conda-forge and PyPI packages via mamba, conda and pip, for example:

mamba install -c conda-forge/label/pandas_rc pandas==2.0.0rc1
python -m pip install --upgrade --pre pandas==2.0.0rc1

Users who have pandas code in production and maintainers of libraries with pandas as a dependency are strongly recommended to run their test suites with the release candidate, and report any problem to our issue tracker before the official 2.0.0 release.

You can find the documentation of pandas 2.0.0 here, and the list of changes in 2.0.0, in the release notes page.

We expect to release the final version of pandas 2.0.0 in around two weeks, but the final date will depend on the issues reported to the release candidate.