Do you ever come across comments expressing anger or happiness when developing open-source software?

Nathan Cassee

Sep 9, 2020, 9:28:06 AM9/9/20
to PyData

To Whom it may concern,

We are an international team of researchers, from the University of Bari, Italy, and Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands. The goal of our research is to help improve the health and long term stability of open-source communities. We would like to learn about your experiences when contributing to open-source projects such as this. More specifically, we want to understand how you, as open-source contributors, experience the emotions that are expressed in online discussions about developing software.

If you are interested in talking about your experiences as an open-source contributor then please schedule a meeting with us using calendy here (https://calendly.com/n-w-cassee/interview). We are interested in different experiences, therefore, we are looking to talk to people of all age-groups, genders, and people with different roles in open-source projects. So even whether you are a first time contributor or a senior maintainer don’t hesitate to schedule a meeting! If you have any questions you can always send us an e-mail at n.w.c...@tue.nl.

The interview itself will take no longer than one hour, and will be scheduled using Microsoft Teams. We will record the interview and the recording and transcript of the interview will  be stored securely, and only made available to the researchers that are involved in this project. Additionally, we plan to use anonymized results of the interview in a scientific publication.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Nicole Novielli,

University of Bari

http://collab.di.uniba.it/nicole/