[PyCon APAC 2022] Talk Invitation to PyCon APAC 2022

Jordan Su

Apr 13, 2022, 5:31:09 AM4/13/22
to pycon-orga...@googlegroups.com, organ...@python.tw, Program Team

Dear PyCon APAC organizers,

This is Jordan from PyCon APAC 2022.

I am writing this email to share the following schedule - Talk invitation to PyCon APAC 2022. We would like to invite speakers from all Python communities in the APAC area to join and give a talk at PyCon APAC 2022!

The talk invitation to PyCon APAC 2022 is a part of our Talk all over APAC program[1]. For the talk invitation, we would like to ask help from every PyCon organizer in the APAC area to propose 2-3 speakers from their country to give talks at PyCon APAC 2022. Please feel free to vote and select the speakers that you want to propose in your own way, and utilize the Talk invitation submission form[2] to propose speakers from your local country. The form is now open for your proposal and closes in Jun. 12th.

Here are some notices and requirements for the proposed talks:

  • The proposed speakers and their talks will not go through the CfP review process, they will be considered as accepted talks in PyCon APAC 2022.

  • There is no limitation for the topic of the proposed talks, but it needs to be Python-related.

  • The duration of a talk can be either 15 mins, 30 mins, or 45 mins.

  • There is no limitation on the language used in the talks, speakers can choose to present in their mother tongue. However, we recommend giving English talks. PyCon TW organizing team will caption your talks with English subtitles. We would appreciate your support for translation if it’s a non-English talk.

  • Speakers will be requested to submit pre-recorded talks, as the same for all talks in PyCon APAC 2022.

  • We highly recommend speakers can have a Q&A session for their talks on the conference day by joining our virtual venue.

We're looking forward to your participation and APAC members’ talks in PyCon APAC 2022 as well! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know via pro...@python.tw.

[1] Talk all over APAC program brief introduction (more details can be found in this letter)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oLwvJHZxjeJ9P36fP_qj-czLBx5HN89r/view?usp=sharing

[2] PyCon APAC 2022 Talk invitation submission form

https://forms.gle/CLCGSZmzLct8Po6t5

Best regards,

Jordan Su

PyCon APAC 2022 Program Co-chairperson