PyCon APAC regional and local conferences dates for 2023

Staff Gi Soong Chee

Nov 2, 2022, 1:10:42 PM11/2/22
to PyCon Organizers APAC
Good morning all,

After a couple of years in covid hibernation, PyCon SG will be resurrected in 2023. :)

As a volunteer (but not a committee member) of Python User Group Singapore (PUGS), I am wondering if there is somewhere that I might have missed that we maintain the dates of our local and regional conferences beyond this mailing list? I checked that we last had this updated in 2019 at https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConAPAC

While we can/should update the schedule for historical reasons, I was hoping if we can update one another on the 2023 dates that our countries will be having our local PyCons and if there is already a date for PyCon APAC, if these are available. Otherwise, an approximate timeline (eg PyCon SG used to be in June mostly, but was also held in September in some years). I recalled that previously we shared this info so that some people may wish to travel to support their neighbours' PyCons, or there is some attempt to invite keynote speakers to streamline their travelling salesman itineraries and we hope to avoid/minimise clashes. Awareness of one another's PyCon schedule well beforehand, now that borders are opening up (except for one big country) will facilitate us to meet in person and learn from and support one another more.

Currently PUGS is considering having it in Sep or maybe Jun as this is the vacation period for some of our schools so more students can participate and come volunteer. They will definitely try to weigh other countries' PyCon schedules into consideration. If there is somewhere that already contains this info, pardon my ignorance and kindly enlighten me.

And since I am the one who asked, I will also try to update https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConAPAC if this is the intended or default landing page.

Thanks! :)

Tzu-ping Chung

Nov 2, 2022, 1:45:10 PM11/2/22
to Staff Gi Soong Chee, PyCon Organizers APAC
I think these days people simply submit new events to the PSF-moderated Python Events Calendars instead. The wiki page was updated manually (AFAIK), and now there’s a canonical source we can probably automate the process. Anyone knows who can update the page?

TP