We have 2 conference tickets to give away for PyCon US 2023

Iqbal Abdullah

Mar 9, 2023, 7:25:30 AM3/9/23
to PyCon Organizers APAC
Hi folks,

As some of you have known, we were given a Community Booth for PyCon US 2023.
Don't know when, where and what PyCon US 2023 is? Read more here:
https://us.pycon.org/2023/

Anyway, as part of the booth, we are also given 2 full conference
passes (we also have 2 expo passes with the booth, but that can be for
another discussion).

The conference passes will give you access to all parts of the
conference starting from the talks day 21st (Fri) until the sprints
day. Regular individual tickets are USD400, so these free conference
tickets are a good opportunity.

Since nearly all of the members of our community that I know who are
attending PyCon US already have their tickets, I would like to give
these tickets away to any individual who is interested to attend PyCon
US 2023.

But there's never a free lunch, so these are the conditions:

1. You'll need to figure out and pay for your own travel and
accommodation to Salt Lake City for PyCon US 2023 to attend the
conference
2. You will be the main person(s) to help manage the Community Booth.
We have things we need to do and prepare for the booth, so you'll be
expected to make sure things are done and go well.

The APAC community members attending PyCon US are happy to be at the
booth in person to meet people (I think we might have more than 15
coming from APAC this year), so we don't expect you to be there all
the time (we'll need you to create a schedule though, so we know who
should be at the booth when).

I'm sending this email here first to give members of our organizer
group first shot if they have interest, and will wait until 13th Mar
2023 23:59 JST for a response. If I don't get any by then, I'll
publish it to our social media accounts (on Twitter and Mastodon) for
a wider audience instead.