Calling out to our SG friends: Meetup request

Iqbal Abdullah

Jun 10, 2022, 1:40:00 AM6/10/22
to PyCon Organizers APAC
To the SG organizers folks in this list:

David Mertz, who was our guest speaker for the Special pre-APAC talk event about NFTs and cryptocurrency we had a few weeks ago is going to Singapore for a work trip.

He would really like to meetup with some of our members in SG on the 7th of October.

Can any of us who is in SG at that time meetup for makan makan and borak borak with David on that day? Maybe lunch or dinner. If you are OK with it, reply to me and I'll connect the both of you.

Staff Gi Soong Chee

Jun 15, 2022, 11:28:57 PM6/15/22
to Iqbal Abdullah, PyCon Organizers APAC
Good morning Boss Iqbal and all,

Sorry I missed this email until Boss Dr Liew alerted me this morning. I should be around on 7 Oct unless plans change (now is too early to tell) and will be happy to bring Mr David around for some local foodfare (yes I think Malaysia food is also more good :)).

image.png

Q. What do you think of Singapore food?
Uncle Roger: "You guys just do a weird, less good version of what we do (in Malaysia), to be honest. Your bak kut teh is pale, it's transparent. I think there are more similarities than differences, but Malaysia has better food, especially in Penang. I don't think any region here can touch Penang - it's too good."

In any case, this invite goes out to our fellow PyCon APAC organisers if you happen to pop by Singapore (subject to my work schedule, but after hours should be fine). My mobile contact is +65 97687621 just in case.

Oh if you know of any educators in Python in education, we are running our PyCon SG 2022 Education Summit onsite (at AI Singapore) and online on Tue 21 Jun onsite and online. It is just our annual small casual get-together that I hope to sustain even though PyCon SG has not been happening for a while. Sign up at https://for.edu.sg/pyconsg22edu :)

Thanks! :)

Iqbal Abdullah

Jun 16, 2022, 6:49:27 PM6/16/22
to Staff Gi Soong Chee, PyCon Organizers APAC
Thanks Cikgu Gi!
I will connect you and Dr. Liew Beng Keat with David via email.
--
@PyConTW will be hosting #PyConAPAC2022 from 3rd to 4th Sept 2022.
Follow PyCon APAC here: https://twitter.com/pyconapac

Maurice Ling

Jun 16, 2022, 7:29:36 PM6/16/22
to Iqbal Abdullah, Staff Gi Soong Chee, PyCon Organizers APAC
Hi Iqbal and Mr Gi

Similarly here - I have 7 Oct penned in my calendar for meetup.