PyCon APAC post-mortem

Iqbal Abdullah

Dec 11, 2021, 6:23:12 PM12/11/21
to PyCon Organizers APAC
PyCon TH team,

Congratulations on wrapping up PyCon APAC for 2021! Do you have a
post-mortem report, something like this
https://pycon.my/2017/09/01/pycon-apac-2017-its-a-wrap/ posted
anywhere? I would like to include these reports in our repo for
reference in the future.

Other than the stats and numbers of the conference, I think what would
be helpful are learnings of what went well and what could have been
done better so we can always build something better for future APAC
conferences.

Maybe we can have a learning session for that one of these days.

--
Iqbal Abdullah
PyCon JP

Georgi Ker

Dec 13, 2021, 3:54:58 AM12/13/21
to Iqbal Abdullah, PyCon Organizers APAC
Hi Iqbal,

Thank you for your email. It had been a great experience organising PyCon APAC and we are really grateful for all the help that we received from so many of you. Suddenly distance seemed to matter less.
With all the time taken up over the months to prepare PyCon APAC, I personally have lots of work to catch up on right now especially with the year coming to an end. I will try to send the report by the end of the month. Another update to inform everyone is that I will be leaving Thailand soon and returning to Europe. (probably early next year within the next two months.) So the report will most likely include an update on the next PyCon Thailand Conference Lead taking over.
I thank you in advance for everyone's patience.

By the way, is it common to call that post-mortem report? I am an avid true murder stories fan and I visualise a gruesome, horrific body the moment I read this💀.

Regards,
Georgi Ker

Ivy Fung

Dec 13, 2021, 8:04:30 AM12/13/21
to Georgi Ker, Iqbal Abdullah, PyCon Organizers APAC
Dear Georgi,

Yes, we are all about blood and digging further into what's already open. "Post-mortem" it is!
🔪
Ivy

Iqbal Abdullah

Dec 13, 2021, 8:17:19 AM12/13/21
to Georgi Ker, PyCon Organizers APAC
> Thank you for your email. It had been a great experience organising PyCon APAC and we are really grateful for all the help that we received from so many of you. Suddenly distance seemed to matter less.
> With all the time taken up over the months to prepare PyCon APAC, I personally have lots of work to catch up on right now especially with the year coming to an end. I will try to send the report by the end of the month. Another update to inform everyone is that I will be leaving Thailand soon and returning to Europe. (probably early next year within the next two months.) So the report will most likely include an update on the next PyCon Thailand Conference Lead taking over.
> I thank you in advance for everyone's patience.

Yes, sure. Anytime you're fine with it. We don't have anything waiting
for it anyway.

> By the way, is it common to call that post-mortem report? I am an avid true murder stories fan and I visualise a gruesome, horrific body the moment I read this💀.

Ha ha. For a lack of a better term, that was the first thing I thought of.
Since "post mortem" means "after death" and we're not looking into
anyone's death after the conference, "post conference report" or PCR
is just as good I think. Fits with the current times too. I think I'll
just use that term then.

So please send in the PCR when you're ready!