PyCon MY Camp 2022 Shoutout

James Ing Wei Tang

Jul 26, 2022, 10:48:27 PM7/26/22
to PyCon Organizers APAC
Good day APAC team,

Hope that everyone is safe and peace at this moment although we face the surge of
Covid-19 cases due to new variants.

PyCon MY will have a slight different event - PyCon MY Camp 2022. PyCon MY Camp 2022 is our first initiative to focus on the bonding between the members in the community through collaboration on a sprint project. After a two exhausting year
due to the pandemic, we would like to have physical event so that we can get everyone.

PyCon MY Camp 2022 is hosted at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, one of the most beautiful cities in Malaysia, which is famous for beautiful beaches, local hospitality, and (most importantly) food. The date of the event is on 16 - 18 Sept 2022, and you do not need to worry about the accommodation, as the accommodation is included when you purchase the ticket.

The main purpose of this camp to get everyone in the community together to have the fun and sharing, that we have missed for the past 2 years. Apart from the sprint projects, we also have some talks in the event. It is also worth to mention that
we have invited probably the first PSF fellow in Malaysia, Swee Meng Ng as our keynote speaker.

We would also like to have more sprints masters. So if you would like to showcase your project, please join us at coming PyCon MY Camp 2022.

Please do not hesitate to reach us if you have any questions regarding to the event.

Best regards,
James Tang

Staff Gi Soong Chee

Jul 30, 2022, 3:58:52 AM7/30/22
to James Ing Wei Tang, PyCon Organizers APAC
Thanks Mr James. Is there any plan for a livestream for selected talks/sessions for people who can't make the trip? :)

James Ing Wei Tang

Jul 31, 2022, 4:49:01 AM7/31/22
to Staff Gi Soong Chee, PyCon Organizers APAC
HI Cikgu Gi,

Unfortunately I think we might not have the capacity to run the livestream for this round.

Best regards,
James