Warning matching lines in cloudy output using an emis_file in pyCloudy.

Marco Gómez

Oct 28, 2018, 8:31:52 PM10/28/18
to pyCloudy
Hi

I recently updated to the latest version of pyCloudy. I usually use an emission line list in the instance pc.read_emis_file. PyCloudy put this lines in the input file but the wavelength is rounded to the first decimal number generating an output file with a warning messages about the "no exact matching lines found".

Attached my input, and the emission line list.

Greetings,
    Marco Gomez

pyCloudy version: 0.9.7
python version: 3.5.5
numpy version: 1.13.3
Cloudy version: c17.01
emis_list.txt
model1.in

Christophe Morisset

Oct 29, 2018, 12:13:08 AM10/29/18
to pyCloudy
Hi Marco,

Is this a bad copy/paste or is the "A" missing in the latest line of emis_list.txt?

The read_emis_file has been designed for Cloudy version 13, now that c17 has 2 more digits, one need to specify the number of digits with:
c_input.read_emis_file('./emis_list.txt', N_char=14)

It should solve your issue. One of these days I should changed the default value to 14 instead of 12..

Saludos,
Christophe