PAH emission

Marcelo González

May 4, 2021, 10:50:50 PM5/4/21
to pyCloudy
Hi everybody.

Recently I started to use pyCloudy for simple models .
How do you get the intensity for PAH band? My goal is reproduce the synthetic IR SED so I need to compare with PAHFIT measurements.
My question, I think, is more about "key word" because I suppose that is similar to example 4 (https://sites.google.com/site/pycloudy/examples).

Thanks!!

Christophe Morisset

May 17, 2023, 6:46:04 PM5/17/23
to pyCloudy
Hi Marcelo,
Sorry for the delay.
You can define the bands you want Cloudy to save by modifying the continuum_bands.ini file. This file is in the data directory of the Cloudy distribution. It is self-explanatory. It already contains some PAH band, but you can add your owns.
Once modified, you can run Cloudy and add the bands you defined in the list of line emissivities.
You can then deal with them as you would do with any other predefined band like PAH 3.30m etc.

Hope it helps,
Christophe