Question about output file

Gabriel Rubio

Mar 18, 2020, 12:09:54 AM3/18/20
to pyCloudy
Hi everyone!

I´m using the grain option with my own grain that i did compile but i dont know what is the meaning of the following message in the output file:
"* grains 'silicate 0o001-0o01m 10.opc'                                         *
NOTE: using modified data in graphite_ism_10.opc."

Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance

Christophe Morisset

Mar 18, 2020, 10:37:18 PM3/18/20
to pyCloudy

Hi Gabriel,

It seems that Cloudy tells you that you are not using one of its own grains files. I'm not sure why it mentions the graphite while you are using a midified silicate. Is this the only grain file you are using in this model? Is the file you compile still have some ghost of aprevious data in it that could be graphite based?

This is actually more a Cloudy question than a pyCloudy one ;-) You could ask in the Cloudy group: https://cloudyastrophysics.groups.io/

Hope it helps,

Christophe

Gabriel Rubio

Mar 19, 2020, 12:41:49 PM3/19/20
to pyCloudy
Thanks Christophe,
I`ll check my input file. In case I need more help i´ll ask for it in the other group.