Connection notification

dalmata

Sep 2, 2018, 10:42:24 AM9/2/18
to PyChess People
Hi everybody, I would ask for your help. I was playing a tournament match at FICS. I use the latest version of PYChess 0.99.2. on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS. I lost my connection and I was not informed. My opponent was still counting down the time. The server showed me the response, I saw other users online. I've seen later that I'm not among to online users. Is it a bag? Can I change something in my settings? Thank you in advance.

Tamás Bajusz

Sep 2, 2018, 10:55:28 AM9/2/18
to PyChess People
Hi dalmata!

Unfortunately no auto reconnect implementation exist in pychess yet :(
You have to reconnect by hand at this moment if you disconnected
Anyhow it's interesting that no one reported this issue from 2006 :)
Filed it as https://github.com/pychess/pychess/issues/1672

dalmata

Sep 2, 2018, 12:19:21 PM9/2/18
to PyChess People