Congratulations and a small suggestion.

ZNC Gatilho

Feb 14, 2023, 10:48:30 AM2/14/23
to PyChess People
I want to congratulate the entire team for this excellent program. Finally Linux users have an interface to play head-to-head on FICS. Before pychess, the best option was Jin, which unfortunately stopped a few years ago. I don't know if this is the right place to make a suggestion, if not, I'll apologize in advance. The FICS server had an option to block players, I don't know if it still has it, but if it does, it would be interesting to have a graphical option for this function. Anyone who plays online chess on a daily basis knows that this is a very important function, given the huge number of cheaters. This is often the only defense an honest player has to avoid playing the same cheater again. Congratulations and thanks for your attention.

Tamás Bajusz

Feb 14, 2023, 10:54:10 AM2/14/23
to PyChess People
Thx for the kind words. Telling the truth pychess (desktop GUI) is in maintenance mode from couple of years.
This means if you need new features you need someone who will code it and send PR to https://github.com/pychess/pychess

I suggest to try lichess.org (instead of sticking to FICS, which is slowly dying IMO).