New Game

Saul Savelis

Jun 28, 2020, 8:35:54 AM6/28/20
to PyChess People
can anyone make a game on 10x10 board with two additional Generals one on Q side and one on K side, General would move like K just double range (like knight plus bishop moving only 2 squares)? En passant rule will be the same just the first pawn move will be 1, 2 or 3 squares. All other rules are the same, just castling will be longer by 1 square.

Tamás Bajusz

Jun 28, 2020, 8:41:22 AM6/28/20
to PyChess People
Not really. Pychess was designed to play 8x8 board variants only.
If you are interested on large board variants take a look at https://www.pychess.org/ instead.
In theory variants supported by https://github.com/ianfab/Fairy-Stockfish has chance to be added there.

NikitaGamer64

Aug 1, 2020, 8:05:50 PM8/1/20
to PyChess People
Is there a way to suggest a new game for https://www.pychess.org/ site?

Saul Savelis

Aug 3, 2020, 2:16:33 PM8/3/20
to PyChess People
as I understood no one is interested from pychess

Tamás Bajusz

Aug 3, 2020, 3:11:43 PM8/3/20
to PyChess People
Read my previous answer, please.

Saul Savelis

Aug 3, 2020, 3:33:19 PM8/3/20
to pychess...@googlegroups.com
this one? "Pychess was designed to play 8x8 board variants only.
If you are interested on large board variants take a look at https://www.pychess.org/ instead." Do you yourself understand what you wrote?

Tamás Bajusz

Aug 3, 2020, 4:36:48 PM8/3/20
to PyChess People
I'm really sorry if my answer was confusing!
There are two different project here.

This is a desktop GUI program designed to play 8x8 only variants.
It was started in 2006 by Thomas Ahle and is a pure Python stuff.
You can install and run it on Linux and Windows. It supports installing and using using local chess engines (UCI/Xboard), FICS, PGN databases, etc.-etc.
It is some kind of Swiss-knife for all your chess related activities.

This is a so called lichess spinoff project started by me in 2019 to play chess variants not available on lichess.org
It is a chess variant server supporting many 8x8 and also many big board variants like Shogi, Xiangqi, Capablanca, Grand chess and more.
It  is based on Fairy-Stockfish and lichess developed chessground js library.
It is running as a Heroku service. You can use your lichess account to log in to https://www.pychess.org
(Thomas was kind enough to let us use the pychess.org domain for this chess variant server.)

Hope this helps.

Saul Savelis

Aug 4, 2020, 1:33:46 AM8/4/20
to pychess...@googlegroups.com
ok thanks,
so maybe you know the programmers who control chess.com and lichess.org and who would be able to include this game into their platforms?

"10x10 chess with two additional pieces Generals who moves like a king but covering 2 squares instead of 1 (i.e. covering not 9 squares, but 25) and that are situated between king/queen and bishop. Pawns moves 1,2,3 squares from initial position and en passant rule applies. All other rules are the same, just castling will be longer by 1 square (3 squares instead of 2)."

Tamás Bajusz

Aug 4, 2020, 3:13:26 AM8/4/20
to PyChess People
As I know lichess doesn't plan on adding more variants any time soon. Not to mention it is completely 8x8 based.
chess.com is run by a company and I don't know them at all.