Announce: Pycha 0.5.1 released

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Sep 19, 2009, 5:32:57 AM9/19/09
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I'm pleased to announce the 0.5.1 release of Pycha. You can get it
from the Pypi website:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycha/0.5.0

This is pimarily a bug fix release but there are a few minor new
features like error bars in bar charts and yvals labels next to bar
charts.

Thanks to everybody that contributed to this release. Thanks also for
your feedback on this mailing list and on
the Pycha bug tracker.

Best regards,

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Sep 19, 2009, 5:33:45 AM9/19/09
to py...@googlegroups.com
The url is wrong due to copy/paste isssues:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycha/0.5.1

Best regards!

Lorenzo

chris

Oct 14, 2009, 10:00:08 AM10/14/09
to pycha
Hello,

Just found Pycha and trying it out in a small PyGtk app I'm making.
I'm very confused about how to create a dataset for pie charts.
I tried the dataset in the example on the web. It produces some
sectors but they don't make sense for me.
The dataset names don't show (has values 0,1,2 instead) but on the web
site there is a few pie charts demonstrating colors that do have
dataset labels.
I have need for a very simple pie chart where I can just give it
values like ("Rent":100, "Food":50, "Bus":25) and it gives me a chart
with names and values. When I try various approaches I just get
TypeErrors.
Is it possible to give me an example how to format data for pies? I
don't need it to add up values or do any data manipulation.
Thank you for your work on this code. I think it may just fit into a
simple need I have.
Looking forward to being able to do this.

BTW what's with all the SPAM in here? Can't google control that?
Nasty.

Chris :)