Upstream python3 changes

Olaf

Nov 6, 2019, 1:32:09 PM11/6/19
to pycha
Hi there,

this project has not seen any development concerning python3 compatibility. Is this group still alive?
As I currently use the package for chart generation in  a project, and this project is in the progress of being converted to python3, I have some changes I might want to upstream. (metaclass definition for ColorScheme Class)
Any Chance I can upstream that? If not, any problems with me forking the project to github?

Sincere thanks for your past work :)

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Nov 6, 2019, 1:33:52 PM11/6/19
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olaf,

it's true that the project has not received updates in a long time but I will be more than happy to review and integrate your changes to make it work with Python 3.

Thanks for reaching out!

Lorenzo

Olaf Rühenbeck

Nov 8, 2019, 5:27:34 AM11/8/19
to Lorenzo Gil Sanchez, py...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lorenzo,

I have since discovered, there is already a python2/3 compatible pull
request in bitbuket. I have since integrated that version of the app
into my project and it seems to be working great.

Maybe consider merging that into you repository? :)

Thanks,

Olaf
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pycha/0f068b33-1c6d-43dc-96f3-bfe622123cb1%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Nov 12, 2019, 2:15:59 AM11/12/19
to Olaf Rühenbeck, py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olaf,

thanks for the reminder. I'll take a look at that pull request.

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Nov 18, 2019, 2:03:02 AM11/18/19
to Olaf Rühenbeck, py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olaf,

I'm happy to announce version 0.8.1, with Python 3 support:

Olaf Rühenbeck

Dec 4, 2019, 5:36:33 AM12/4/19
to Lorenzo Gil Sanchez, py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorenzo,

thats great to hear! Thanks alot! :)

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 23:02:49 -0800

Olaf

Jul 4, 2023, 5:12:28 AM7/4/23
to pycha
Hi Lorenzo,

me again. ;) I have just produced some changes to support python 3.11:

If you like, would you kindly integrate these changes and publish them on pypi? ;)

Thanks,

Olaf