PieChart's Labels

JC2

Oct 15, 2011, 2:08:17 AM10/15/11
to pycha
Hello,
I have made some changes on your code because i saw some problems when
i was trying to use the piechart without legends.
When I hide the legends, the labels just dont appear but they continue
wasting space around the pie chart, and I think this shouldnt be this
way.
What I did was something temporal, setting labels as empty strings.

maybe you can fix it for next version
PD: Anyway, I think pycha is an excellent library.

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Oct 25, 2011, 3:13:52 PM10/25/11
to py...@googlegroups.com
2011/10/15 JC2 <juancam...@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> I have made some changes on your code because i saw some problems when
> i was trying to use the piechart without legends.
> When I hide the legends, the labels just dont appear but they continue
> wasting space around the pie chart, and I think this shouldnt be this
> way.
> What I did was something temporal, setting labels as empty strings.

You can read more about the label placement algorithm in this post:

http://www.lorenzogil.com/blog/2010/07/26/pie-charts-autopadding/

It shouldn't be too dificult to check if the labels are set to hidden
and skip the whole algorithm.

> maybe you can fix it for next version

What about forking pycha in Bitbucket and commiting your changes
there? that would be nicer since I could see what exactly did you
change and maybe we could get a solution together.

> PD: Anyway, I think pycha is an excellent library.

Thanks a lot!

Lorenzo