install a cairo library

Anke Sam

Oct 25, 2011, 4:26:42 PM10/25/11
to pycha
Hi , I'am a fresh with using a Python programming i used Python 2.7v ,
i read about Cairo library and i need it to draw a graph of my table .
I install a "pycairo-1.8.10.win32-py2.7" then install DLL files :
libpng13.dll , zlib1.dll and libcairo-2.dll then i put it in this
directory :
"C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages " , then i try write on my Python GUI
"import Cairo " it give me this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import cairo
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\cairo\__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
from _cairo import *

what i miss to do and what i shpuld to do ?

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Oct 27, 2011, 2:22:23 AM10/27/11
to py...@googlegroups.com
2011/10/25 Anke Sam <samee...@hotmail.com>:

I haven't used Microsoft Windows for a long time but I remember
following these steps did work:

http://packages.python.org/pycha/installation.html

Otherwise, I suggest you to ask in the Cairo mailing list itself.

Best regards,

Lorenzo

Stuart Axon

Oct 27, 2011, 3:19:59 AM10/27/11
to py...@googlegroups.com, py...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  You need to put it in the folder

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\cairo

(just did this yesterday)

Anke Sam

Oct 27, 2011, 6:54:27 AM10/27/11
to pycha
Hi,
I do this and still the problem but i used Dependency Walker to check
for any DLL files missing and i found some DLL files missing from
windows , install it then it work :) thank you for your replay