Composition sets, Gibbs free energy of entire Phase and not equilibrium transformation evaluation

Giulio Planu

Aug 26, 2022, 6:16:02 AM8/26/22
to pycalphad
Dears, I am working with pycalphad which I think it is a great tool for solid mixtures!
However I am facing with two pycalphad situations, I searched online, documentation without enough success:
1. I am trying to plot and extract different chemical composition condition in a binary diagram (i.e. Fe-C mixture with microalloys) in order to evaluate equilibria changes as shown in literature. Unfortunately, pycalphad binplot method does not allow to insert a complex mixture and it seems that the only way is to use equilibrium method fixing the condition and reverse engineer the behaviour of the microalloy elements against the C fraction.
2. I am trying also to understand how to extract MART and BAIN curves which are not of course equilibrium transformation. Probably the right way is to extract the GM values and to simulate many conditions.
Does anyone faced the situations above and does anyone have any smarter suggestion regarding the two points above?

Thank you in advance for your help and collaboration.
Best regards.
Giulio