Download Bitlocker To Go Mac

Keiko Bludworth

Dec 22, 2023, 10:43:34 PM12/22/23
to pycalphad

If you are not seeing this, can you verify that the device is successfully enrolled with advanced Windows management? You can check if device is enrolled from the settings app. You can also create logs and look at bitlocker value. -us/windows/client-management/mdm-collect-logs

Would it prompt them if they are a standard user? Standard users normally can't enable bitlocker. I have an open ticket with support and am waiting to see what they say. In the meantime I added a second test computer, same behavior. Nothing happens all other policies seem to be working.

Download Bitlocker To Go Mac

Download Zip https://t.co/wC5nr42j0T

Ah that could be the problem. Just looking into Microsoft's documentation, there seems to be new settings enabled in the OS that can make this possible. Can you use Custom settings section of Admin console to enable these settings in addition to the bitlocker settings?

I don't mind turning bitlocker on with the local administrator account. However, on my test machine when I enable bitlocker with the local administrator account, the admin console still reports that the device is unencrypted.

From what I can tell If you enable bitlocker before enrolling the device to a user the admin portal will never correctly report the device as encrypted. This creates a catch 22. You have to enroll the device before the user gets it to enable bitlocker.

The policies you listed state that they are only for Azure Active Directory Joined devices.

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to uninstall SafeGuard Enterprise v7 without having to decrypt BitLocker. We are just moving to another product for the escrow of the key. Due to the age of some assets and time to decrypt (legacy hard drives) I rather not do it just to change the product we are escrowing the keys with. Especially as we'll just bitlocker it with teh same exact settings. Before our contract was up we were told that 7.0.3.11 would allow us to do this but I cannot figure it out. The policy has not been touched in years but allows decrypt and uninstall.

THan you for the link. I found that a bit ago and while it covers decrypt vs purely uninstall only my policies are that way. I have the initial one with YEs to user can decrypt and a separate one with no encryption. decrypting is not an issue. That works just fine. After decrypt I can remove SafeGuard Enterprise. As stated, I want to uninstall the product and leave bitlocker alone. Some systems can do it. Others cannot which points me to policy IMO.

If we insert a bitlocker encrypted usb drive we can not decrypt it because windows in the citrix sessions says "there is no available drive to unlock" because the redirected drive is not seen as real physical drive for citrix. So users with citrix can not use encrypted usb sticks

I have a problem while installing Full Disk Encryption,
Eset tells me that the computer is already encrypted by Bitlocker but it is not. I tried encrypting the pc bitlocker then disabling it but I still get this error message.

If you are going to go through the trouble of applying bitlocker to one drive, you might as well do all of them. In the long run it will save you because even though you will be saving your data to the other drive, some programs (i.e. browsers) will often save sensitive data where they are installed or even in within folders on the main OS drive without you knowing.

I always save bitlocker recovery keys to my system drive when I encrypt a system on a new PC. But I only do it so that I can open the file and copy the key into bitwarden wallet before starting the actual encryption. (And then the local copy is removed).

BitLocker documents that this attack is not in scope for the default configuration. BitLocker recommends that if customers care about this level of attacks, that they use Pre-boot authentication. -us/windows/security/information-protection/bitlocker/bitlocker-countermeasures#attacker-with-skill-and-lengthy-physical-access

0aad45d008