Units of measure

emanuel...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2017, 4:18:04 PM11/14/17
to pycalphad
Hello all,

I am sorry if the question may sound really basic, but I searched repeatedly the documentation and I could not find the answer.

Is there a way to print or check what units of measure are calculated by pycalphad?

For example:
  1. is pycalphad.variables.X the molar fraction or the weight fraction?
  2. the entropy and enthapy calculated by the equilibrium function are specific or extensive?

Thanks.

Emanuele

Brandon Bocklund

Nov 14, 2017, 4:22:46 PM11/14/17
to emanuel...@gmail.com, pycalphad
We should definitely have this documented. Thanks for the tip.

Units of variables.X is mole fraction.

Energies and the derivatives are conventionally molar quantities: e.g. J/mol-formula

emanuel...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2017, 4:25:23 PM11/14/17
to pycalphad
Pefect. Thanks again!