Query with proposal content [ summer of code ]

K. Kaushik Reddy

Mar 17, 2019, 9:59:41 AM3/17/19
to pyar-gsoc
Hi people

This is Kaushik Reddy. I'm on my way to draft a proposal and thinking of ways to develop the project further. I need some assistance here

In the PyZombis project page, under the proposal writing section,I found these
  •  Final Demo
  • Tasking out (high level goals for each milestone)
  • Describe the acceptance criteria ("Minimum Viable Product" of each phase)

I request you to provide some more detailed description and what exactly those mean.
Also, what do you expect for an ideal proposal. Will be waiting for your help.

cheers,
Kaushik

Mariano Reingart

Mar 19, 2019, 9:28:32 AM3/19/19
to pyar-gsoc
Hi Kaushik:

GSoC has 3 evaluations, so you will make a plan with 3 phases / milestones (probably incremental).
You would need to give some detail, for example which topic/issues you will include in each phase.
For each phase, a deliverable should be produced, so it could be evaluated with some acceptance criteria.
You can explain what you will be included in each of the 3 PRs: minimum / full goals, any resulting documentation, build instructions / setup and online "website".

Applications are still not open, so there are no template proposal to follow yet.
You could take a look at my proposal (when I was student), just as an example:

Best Regards

Mariano Reingart