Regarding GSOC 2019

Atharva Kulkarni

Mar 19, 2019, 6:17:29 AM3/19/19
to pyar-gsoc
Hello,

I am Atharva Kulkarni from Pune, India. Currently, I am a sophomore at Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar in Electrical Engineering. I would like to participate in GSOC 2019 through the PyAr Organization under the Python Software Foundation.

1.) Why do I want to participate in GSOC?

I am an avid programmer and an open source enthusiast. I am currently an active member of my institute's programming club, and have participated in ACM ICPC 2018 regionals, and the Halite 3 AI Bot contest as well, and have achieved good ranks in both the contests. I have also created Python tutorials on a Wordpress website for the website www.studymite.com . I have a huge interest in open source programming and teaching programming to others.

I also want to contribute to communities like the PyAr organization and the Python Software Foundation, and want to gain experience of real world development. I will be able to learn a lot from the experience and I know that PyAr will provide me an excellent platform for gaining knowledge, to learn new things and to meet great mentors.

2.) Project I would like to take up : PyZombis

I have already made a pull request on issue 6, and am currently working on embedding videos in the lectures and adding English subtitles, and trying to convert the content of the lectures to Spanish using the built in feature of Sphinx.

3.) Experience:
I am proficient in C++ , C , Python and MATLAB. I have experience using git as a version control software. I also have experience in using various Python tools and libraries like NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, OpenCV, BeautifulSoup, Scikit - learn and many more. I am a self taught full stack web developer, with an intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS , Bootstrap and JavaScript, and am currently focusing on the MERN stack. I  am also currently learning Machine Learning and Data Science. I am currently working on a project to create a Qt C++ based GUI backed by a PostgreSQL database to analyze the transition time in transistors of an integrated circuit and to apply clustering algorithms in the database to detect patterns and anomalies.

I hope that you would provide me a chance to code under your organization this summer.

Query Regarding Proposal : I have started drafting my proposal , and I need some assistance as to what all should I include in it. Can someone please expand the points mentioned under Instructions in GSOC PyAr Ideas?

Regards,
Atharva Kulkarni