Atmospheric Parameter Setting -

lucia.m...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 6:31:07 AM9/9/16
to Py6S
Dear Robin,

I use Py6S to perform atmospheric correction of LANDSAT 8 data.

Automatically pick the atmospheric profile based on the latitude and date info
using the classmethodFromLatitudeAndDate(latitudedate) of the classPy6S.AtmosProfile.

Is it possible to overwrite the water and ozone content of the atmospheric profile
fixed via theclassmethodFromLatitudeAndDate(latitudedate)
with the classmethodUserWaterAndOzone(waterozone)?

I mean, if I write

from Py6S import *
s = SixS()
s.atmos_profile = AtmosProfile.FromLatitudeAndDate(latitudedate)
s.atmos_profile = AtmosProfile.UserWaterAndOzone(3.6, 0.9)

s.run()

How this code is managed by 6S?

Thank you in advance

Maria Lucia

Robin Wilson

Sep 10, 2016, 3:39:05 PM9/10/16
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately this isn't possible - 6S only allows specification of either a standard atmospheric profile (such as Midlatitude Summer, Tropical and so on - these are automatically picked by FromLatitudeAndDate) or a user-defined water vapour and ozone content, in which case the US Standard Atmosphere (1962), known as US62, is used and modified to take into account the values you've specified.

Sadly there's nothing I can easily do about this - as it is a limitation in 6S itself rather than Py6S.

Cheers,

Robin

Akinnusi Samuel

Dec 28, 2020, 6:37:04 AM12/28/20