Input data for atmospheric correction

Mengmeng Yang

May 3, 2021, 8:46:41 PM5/3/21
to Py6S
Hi Robin,

I am confused about the input data for atmospheric correction. According to the py6S document, the atmospheric correction can be activated by using the classmethods such as
AtmosCorrBRDFFromRadiance(radiance) or AtmosCorrBRDFFromRadiance(reflectance), and the radiance and reflectance are of the surface.

However, according to the 6S document, the input data for activating atmospheric correction is the apparant reflectance which is the reflectance from sensor. So I am confused that what input data should I use to activate atmosperic correction for py6S?

Thank you in advance.
Kind reagards,
Mengmeng.

Robin Wilson

May 4, 2021, 4:29:31 AM5/4/21
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ah yes, I see the documentation is a bit unclear. It should be the reflectance/radiance of the surface, as seen at the sensor.

Robin

Mengmeng Yang

May 4, 2021, 4:48:02 AM5/4/21
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

Thank you for your reply. I think you're right.

In addition, I have one question about the parameter setting of atmosphere and aerosol profiles. As I want to use the 6S simulation results for airborne sensor flying at 2km above the sea surface, I wonder if the input data for these two profiles, such as total water vapour and ozone amount and AOT_550, should be calculated at the altitude at the airborne sensor rather than that at the satellite sensor?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Mengmeng Yang.

Ph.D, Postdoc

Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering,

Pusan National University

TEL: (+86) 15666830160

Email: mengmen...@gmail.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Py6S" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/py6s/etPan.609105e3.1d779f50.46f%40rtwilson.com.