Question about reflectance in Py6S

Yichuan Ma

Nov 2, 2021, 10:27:24 PM11/2/21
to Py6S
Hi Robin,
    I have spectral library now, and I want to simulate the TOA reflectance to create the LUT for surface parameters retrieval. I have some problems about reflectance in Py6S.

    I set the ground_reflectance, and there is "pixel_reflectance" in the output, and it is different from the ground_reflectance I set. I want to know which is the surface reflectance I should use.

    I find the solar angle correction in landsat 8 data (https://www.usgs.gov/core-science-systems/nli/landsat/using-usgs-landsat-level-1-data-product), and I want to know the apparent_reflectance in Py6S is the sun angle corrected data or uncorrected data.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best wishes!

Yichuan