Does Py6S standardize every pixel for nadir sun/satellite angles?

Matthew McCarthy

Aug 29, 2023, 5:03:34 PM8/29/23
to Py6S
A colleague who works primarily with NASA-derived MODIS and VIIRS products asked if 6S/Py6S corrects every pixel for sun and satellite angles such that the reflectance returned is as if the sun and satellite were at nadir. I do not know how to determine this. Can Robin or anyone else comment on this issue? It would have implications for compatibility with NASA products.

Thanks,
Matt McCarthy
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Matthew McCarthy

Sep 5, 2023, 12:06:21 PM9/5/23
to Py6S
Apparently what I'm referring to is called "solar zenith correction".