Import of AERONET data

STEPHEN ZHANG

Oct 11, 2021, 8:17:40 AM10/11/21
to Py6S
Hi Robin,

The example you provided shows the import of  v2-AERONET data. However, v2-AERONET data is missing in many areas.
So how can I put v3- AERONET data into the py6s?

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Stephen Zhang.

Robin Wilson

Oct 11, 2021, 9:01:11 AM10/11/21
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

I wasn't actually aware that AERONET had a new data version out now - I haven't used AERONET data myself for a number of years now.

At the moment, Py6S doesn't support AERONET v3 data - but I imagine that it won't be that difficult to make it support it. Do you know of a good reference detailing the differences between AERONET v2 and AERONET v3 data? I can put it on my todo list to have a look into this, but I've just started a new contract so I'm not sure how soon I'll get to it. If you need this more quickly then commercial support for Py6S is available through my freelance business (see http://rtwilson.com/).

Best regards,

Robin

STEPHEN ZHANG

Oct 11, 2021, 10:49:05 AM10/11/21
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,
Thank you for your reply.
Actually I have just come into contact with radiative transfer model, so I don't understand the difference between V2 and V3 data.
However,the official website of  AERONET data provides their instructions.
87bab6b581f44544f2795dde2bb3e4d.png

Hope to hear from you soon~

Thank you.
Kind regards,