Parameter setting

Mengmeng Yang

Apr 28, 2021, 5:19:28 AM4/28/21
to Py6S
Hi Robin,

I want to use Py6S and 6S to simulate data such as Rayleigh scattering, total gaseous transmittance and total transmittance for scattering for a hyperspectral airborne sensor over a shallow coastal water area. Regarding the parameter setting for Py6S, I would like to ask some questions:

1. For atmosphere profile, I intend to use classmethod UserWaterAndOzone(water, ozone), but I am not sure how to retrieve more realistic total amount of water and ozone based on a given airborne data? Could you give me some suggestions?
2. For aerosol profile, I wonder which classmethod between User(**kwargs) and UserProfile(atype) is more suitable for my case? For User(**kwargs), how to decide more realistic proportion of each component? For UserProfile(atype), how to calculate the aerosol optical thickness for the add_layer()?
3. For ground reflectance, is it better to use classmethod HomogeneousOcean() for coastal waters?
4. For atmospheric correction, how to get the radiance or reflectance data for the classmethod AtmosCorrBRDFFromRadiance()?
5. For importing ground reflectance spectra from spectral libraries, I intend to use ground reflectance spectra of clear water, turbid water, and water with sky-glint and sun-glint? Which library between the ASTER and USGS should I choose?
6. How to calculate more realistic aot550 or visibility?

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Mengmeng.