6s-for m1

afagh zeydani

Nov 8, 2022, 8:09:38 AM11/8/22
to Py6S
Hello,
I have mac m1 and I have trouble with running 6s .

but it is not clear enough , can you explain a little bit more about it?!
that would be a big help

thanks,
afagh

Robin Wilson

Nov 8, 2022, 8:31:25 AM11/8/22
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

6S on the M1 Mac should work by just following the normal installation instructions using conda.

Can you tell me more about exactly what problem you’re having?

Robin

afagh zeydani

Nov 8, 2022, 8:54:56 AM11/8/22
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm following this instruction,
https://py6s.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html
the part about Make file gives me some errors or nothing happens, it is a little bit confusing for me!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Py6S" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/py6s/etPan.636a5a26.11d38cdf.1381%40rtwilson.com.

Robin Wilson

Nov 8, 2022, 8:57:28 AM11/8/22
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To get it working on M1 you’ll need to use conda - you can’t use the manual installation method. Try following the instructions at https://py6s.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#recommended-using-conda.

Best regards,

Robin

afagh zeydani

Nov 8, 2022, 9:02:43 AM11/8/22
to py...@googlegroups.com
yeah I was on this page and installed py6s by conda, that's it?!
and should I continue from this part Testing Py6S  ?

Robin Wilson

Nov 8, 2022, 9:04:24 AM11/8/22
to py...@googlegroups.com
Yes, once you’ve done the installation using conda you can skip to Testing Py6S.

Robin

afagh zeydani

Nov 8, 2022, 9:24:05 AM11/8/22
to py...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much, it's done perfectly.
I want 6s for atmospheric correction , if I ran into problems while running, can I ask you here?