pyICQt, how to deal with ICQ spammers?

Marc Haber

Sep 7, 2011, 6:09:41 AM9/7/11
to py-transports
Hi,

I have pyICQt connected to an ejabberd. I use psi as a client.

There are three ICQ accounts that persistently keep sending me
Authorization requests. Is there any possibility to ignore these
accounts via the psi -> pyicqt -> ejabberd -> icq chain, or do I need
to use the native ICQ client to do so?

Two of these accounts don't even show up in my ICQ contact list when I
log in to ICQ via the native client, so I cannot ignore them there. Is
it possible that the Auth request is somewhere stuck inside my systems
and that it is actually not ICQ sending these?

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc

Nikita V. Youshchenko

Sep 7, 2011, 6:44:00 AM9/7/11
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
> Is it possible that the Auth request is somewhere stuck inside my systems
> and that it is actually not ICQ sending these?

Auth request really comes again and again on new logins of you (in psi)
just close the window. You need to explicitly decline the request.

Marc Haber

Sep 7, 2011, 7:47:55 AM9/7/11
to py-transports
That's what I do. I believe, in psi, the Button is labeled "Deny".

Greetings
Marc

ungifted

Sep 8, 2011, 3:26:02 AM9/8/11