How to determine if PyYIMt is working

Lou Allen Uysison

Feb 22, 2011, 1:18:10 AM2/22/11
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
I've already done all the initial preparation...

1) I've added the listener for the service in ejabberd.cfg (using port 5349)

{5349, ejabberd_service, [{host, "yahoo.domain",
[{password, "secret"}]}]},

2) added xmpppy folder to PyYIMt

3) made config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<pyyimt>

<jid>yahoo.domain</jid>
<confjid>conf.yahoo.domain</confjid>
<spoolFile>yahoouser.dbm</spoolFile>
<pid>PyYIMt.pid</pid>
<mainServer>192.168.0.102</mainServer>
<mainServerJID>domain.com</mainServerJID>
<port>5349</port>
<secret>secret</secret>
<allowRegister/>
<enableChatrooms/>
<debugFile>yahooerror.log</debugFile>

</pyyimt>

4) made yahoo.py runnable (is this the correct script to run?)

chmod +x yahoo.py

5) restart ejabberd then run script

./yahoo.py

After that I get this...

~/Downloads/yahoo-transport-0.4$ ./yahoo.py
./yahoo.py:12: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the
hashlib module instead
import base64, ConfigParser, os, platform, random, re, select, sha,
shelve, signal, socket, sys, time, traceback
/home/lauysison/Downloads/yahoo-transport-0.4/xmpp/auth.py:26:
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
import md5

I can connect to my ejabberd fine, but I can't see PyYIMt/Yahoo in
service discovery. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Lou

Lou Allen UySison

Feb 22, 2011, 4:01:14 AM2/22/11
to py-transports
already got it to work... just can't see my contacts when I login the
transport.